Nutritionally complete, Isotonic formula specifically formulated for tube feeding patients that are unable to receive adequate nutrition orally.
It is lactose and gluten free and contains extra amounts of vitamin C and B. In addition, it has MCT oil as a readily available fat source to avoid fat maldigestion and malabsorption.
- General tube feeding
- Barriers to normal ingestion (coma, paralysis)
- Inadequate oral intake (cancer, stroke, anorexia)
- Postoperative alimentation
- Congestive heart failure
- Respiratory disease
Malnutrition is common in hospitalized patients. 50% of the hospitalized patients show malnutrition.
Isocal is a complete and balanced Nutrition for hospitalized patients.
- Isocal meets the energy demands – One serving of Isocal provides 250kcal to meet the energy requirements as per RDA guidelines.
- Isocal provides high quality protein – Providing high biological value protein to enhance immune response, improve nitrogen balance and give muscle strength.
- Isocal provides Medium chain triglyceride Oil – MCT Oil is beneficial for patients that have malnutrition or malabsorption syndromes because it doesn’t require energy for absorption, utilization or storage. MCT Oil directly absorbs from GI tract to portal system.
- Isocal has more Vitamin B & C – Vitamin B supplementation enhances immune response and Vitamin C reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Isocal has low sodium content which makes it more suitable for Hypertensive, Cardiac and Renal patients.
ISOCAL PER SERVING
For oral supplementation
ISOCAL powder can be reconstituted at varying concentrations for use when increased or decreased caloric density is desirable.
|Desired Caloric Density(kcal/ml)||Amount of ISOCAL powder (g)||Amount of Boiled Water (ml)||Amount of reconstituted diet (ml)|
425 gm Tin pack
850 gm Tin pack